3 Effective & Effortless Tactics to Treat Body Acne
3 Effective & Effortless Tactics to Treat Body Acne : Body Acne is common now in the winter season, as you are wearing loads of heavy clothing.
Body acne usually apears on the chest and back.
Here are Three effective easy ways to decrease body acne
- Wash your body daily with a salicylic acid based cleanser.Look for this component on product brands.THIS will treat and prevent it from coming back
- After your have a shower, apply a body moisturizer that has Alfa Hydroxy acid. This will exfoliate skin and help prevent acne breakout, and not drying skin out.
- At evening treat your body acne the similar way facial acne treated, by using an acne removal product at the effected parts.
Acne is an extremely common condition, affecting
almost 80% of adolescents and young adults .It is a treatable condition, although response may sometimes be slow, sometimes it can cause scars.
There are many myths about the cause of acne.Chocolate and greasy foods are often blamed, but there is little evidence that foods have much effect on acne in most people.Stress doesn’t cause acne, but stress can make it worse.
Acne Form when hair follicles under the skin become plugged .Deep within each follicle, your sebaceous glands are working to produce sebum, the oil that keeps your skin moist and pliable.As your skin renews itself, the old cells die, mix with your skin’s natural oils and are sloughed off.
Uneven shedding causes dead cells to become sticky, clumping together to form a plug – much like a cork in a bottle. This plug is called “comedones”. It traps oil and bacteria inside the follicle. The plugged follicle begins to swell as your skin continues its normal oil production. Your body then attacks the bacteria with a swarm of white blood cells.
while it may seem like you get it overnight,an acne blemish begins approximately 2-3 weeks before it appears on your skin’s surface.
Androgens ( our natural A steroid hormones) also play a rule in acne formation. They stimulate the sebaceous gland to produces extra sebum.the presence of extra sebum in the follicle increases the chances of clogging – and can cause acne.
Hormonal acne typically begins around age 20-25, but it can strike teens and mature women as well, and is most persistent in women over the age of 30 ,especially during the menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
Some women even experience acne after menopause, when estrogen levels begin to taper off and testosterone becomes the dominant hormone, but also could mean ovarian cancer or other types of glandular tumors.
Some times Acne in adults can be a manifestation of a glandular disorders like Cushing’s disease and polycyctic ovaries .But there will be several clues can help you and your doctor identify if this an acne break out is signifies that.
The ultimate goal management of acne to prevent Scarring and psychological Sequelae.
If you think you have hormonal acne, regardless of your stage of life, it’s always best to consult your dermatologist first.
The treatment will be according to severity of acne.
Mild Acne: when you have < 20 comedones, or < 15 inflammatory papules, or a lesion count of < 30.
Most patients with mild acne can be treated with topical treatment (gels, solutions and lotions) that can be obtained over-the-counter. Acne products should be applied to all areas affected by acne, rather than just put on individual spots.An effetive acne product can include the following:
- Mild salicylic acid preparations to exfoliate and unplug the follicles (Neutrogena® Oil-free Acne Wash and many others)
- Benzoyl peroxide cream / lotion / gel ( Clearasil™ Ultra Acne Cream, Benzac AC Gel)
- Azelaic acid (Skinoren™ cream, Acnederm™ medicated lotion)E
- Hydrogen peroxide in stabilised cream
- Tea tree oil products
Wash affected areas twice daily with a mild cleanser and water or an antiseptic wash. Patients should not aggressively scrub the skin; gentle massage with the fingertips is sufficient for cleansing.
Apply an oil-free moisturizer if the skin very dry.Avoid applying oily cosmetics such as foundation or sunscreen.
There are Topical agents for mild acne which require prescription include
- Antibiotics, such as clindamycin solution or erythromycin solution might be requere
- Topical Retinoids i.e. tretinoin (ReTrieve–, Retin-A™), can give a good rapid results but it an make your skin dry and once you used it you must not get pregnanat at lease for six months after discontinueing using the drug.
See your doctor or dermatologist for advice if your pimples fail to clear up within six weeks
Moderate Acne : 15-50 papules and pustules, with comedones and rare cystic lesion . Total lesion count may range from 30-125.
Treatment for moderate acne require to be under the supervision of your doctor.usually includes topical agents. In addition, a doctor may prescribe an oral medication, usually for at least six months.
Severe Acne there will be primary inflammatory nodules and cysts. Also present are comedones,papules and pustules or
total lesion count of greater than 125. Treatment for severe acne requires oral treatment. Patients should be under the care of a dermatologist.
Microdermabrasion can help mild acne. Lasers and other light systems appear helpful for acne in general . Treatment is often delivered twice weekly for four weeks. The effect may be enhanced by use of a photosensitising agent (photodynamic therapy).
HOME ACNE REMEDIES
There are many home remedies out there.As a physician I CAN ONLY REOCMEMENT THE ONE proven by medical testing for there effecacy. These can be used for mild acne. They are as follow
- Oregon grape root,is used for chronic skin eruptions or rashes associated with pustules.There is enough documentations from studies done to measure the effectiveness of green tea to treat acne topically compared to over the counter medications
- Aloe Vera:It can be taken as raw plant, as a part of home remedies or in the form of ready to use products. It works reat for clearing out acne
- Marigold (Calendula)
- Wheat bran
- Green tea: have the potential to replace standard chemical therapy in mild to moderate cases.There are many acne skin care products on the market that now contain green tea. Also you can drink green tea to treat your acne.it’s important to drink it unsweetened.
One last note,low glycemic diet and low-fat diet showed no impact on preventing or healing the acne break out.
Finally if you have any addition or question you can to do so in the comment section